This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

today is...

Kinda nice. Hubby picked me up for lunch with old buddies from his previous job, and they were okay. It's just that when I said old, I meant old. Like 60s. So now I understand why hubby went well past the age of 30 and remained single. There's just too little crowd of his age to mingle with.

Of course, there were the usual talks of surgeries and rehabilitation and retirement and all that... sometimes, hearing these things make me feel old too. I look around and wonder how did I get here. I can't relate to most of their topics, and gosh, I hope it stays that way for a long time.

I miss miss miss my vibrant, silly crowd. I miss laughing about nonsense things and worrying about petty concerns. I miss getting the jokes, and singing my heart out without judgment. And yeah, even the perpetual relationship drama. Maybe.

Oh well.

0 comments: