This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

(= The Weekend =)

I couldn't remember when was the last time I had this much fun on a weekend!

It started on Saturday morning with some yummy crispy-French-toasts-filled-with-creamy-butter-and-brewed-coffee breakfast, courtesy of Galo. Dondon also joined in, and we spent hours catching up. I knew this was what Sarah had been missing in SG -- I used to call it our tea and sympathy sessions. What was supposed to be breakfast lasted until lunch time. Hehee.

Then off I went to my Derma. This appointment was what actually brought me to Makati. I no longer am a Makati girl, sad to say. But Taguig is okay. I love my new place! Anyway, around 2PM, I met up with Sarah L. for our late lunch date. It was yummy, as usual. I liked all sorts of stuff in that place called Banana Leaf, down to their plates (or lack thereof). And then we checked out her fave salon, Piandre', and made a 6PM-appointment. Hair Spa for two.

But here's the peak of our day... to kill some time, we decided to try out this new dessert place in Greenbelt 5 called Damaso. OH.MY.GOD!!! It was heaven on earth! Just look . . .



I wouldn't mind going to Makati everyday, if only for these sweeties. Yum! Yum! Yum! Repeat 100x!

The rest of our day was spent shopping, shopping and some more shopping. Oh, there was pizza and some spicy Buffalo wings too, when we got so hungry that we couldn't shop no more. Y'know, the typical girls' day out. Te he hee.

Then the malls were closed and people were going home, so you're thinking my day probably ended here . . . NOT!

I had to haggle with taxi drivers to bring me all the way out of town, to Antipolo (they didn't want to use the meter for someplace that far). I got a short-notice invite to join a bunch of old friends and celebrate Cris' 30th birthday. It would be nice to get to hang out with them again, so why not, right?!

And so I closed my eyes and paid a handsome fee for a ride to Antipolo, much more handsome than the cab driver would ever be.

To be continued... :)

0 comments: