This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

(= The Weekend Part 2 =)

Last Sunday felt like three days packed into one. Why?! Here's why...

12:00 AM.
I reached Antipolo and waited at a gasoline station for friends to pick me up. I had no idea where the party was at, and my cellphone was almost dying on me. I wanted to kick myself! I had a nice day and getting lost in the middle of nowhere was not exactly how I intended it to end.

01:00 AM.
Friends found me and took me to the Thunderbird resort. So this was where they'd been hiding! They booked a hotel-casino suite and had been partying since 6PM of Saturday. Wow!!!

When this bunch is not scheming on how to rule the world,
they're actually a lot of fun! :)


The Muses

03:00 AM.
We went up to the casino to play a bit. There's this superstition among elders that pregnant women were lucky at gambling. I didn't believe it. But there was this couple at a Baccarat table, the wife pregnant, and they were just raking it in! I decided to ride on their luck and bet on whatever they bet on, and voila! My money more than doubled! He he hee.

05:00 AM.
I fell asleep, too tired to join the fun. The rest were still celebrating... they won piles from Poker!


11:30 AM.
I woke up and found everybody still snoring their butts off. Haha. I tried to wake them up but they only stirred... oh well! The swimming pool and outdoor jacuzzi were inviting. I changed and went ahead without them to the resort. I ordered for my coffee there too. Except for a kid and her nanny in the kiddie pool, I had the entire place to myself. Nice morning! :)


Isn't this splendid???


Wishing to take the view with me . . .


Posing with the birthday guy

2:00 PM.
Time to check out of the hotel. Cars arrived to pick us up and bring us to Wad's house, where we're scheduled for a late lunch. Yum!

4:00PM.
CLAY-DISK SHOOTING - A test of skill and accuracy with a shotgun or rifle as one aims to hit the clay disc as it is shot in the air.


Ready!


Aim!

Fire!

5:00PM.
After clay-disk shooting with the Beretta shotguns, we moved on to target-shooting with a pistol, a Springfield XD .40. It was pretty rudimentary -- just the vast open field, six target boards, and bullets in our ears. Haha! We didn't even bring earmuffs. But it was a lot of fun!

The Rules
The Targets

The Bullets


Short-range practice shot


Long-range Practice Shot


On my own now...

Bullet-shell Hunt



Firing guns felt sexier than wearing stilettos, I tell you. =P

It was almost dark when we left the range. We went back to Taguig, had a quick dinner, and they dropped me off at my place. I was so exhausted but I still managed to have a quick shower and watch my new DVD "What Happens in Vegas". Then finally, off to bed HAPPY.

I hope all my weekends go like this... *wish* *wish*

0 comments: