As much as I wanted this blog to stay positive, I couldn't deny the fact that life is no bed of roses. Bad things happen even to good people. What more to me? Take for instance, last night.
I was very much in the mood to party with friends. For once, all the cofiholics plus M agreed to come to dinner with me. At KKB pa ha! Imagine that? Schedule and personal conflicts were set aside, all in the name of my birthday! As for me, I had my hot oil, a new shirt and my party mode turned on............. and then it rained hard.
When you're in the Philippines, you know exactly what that means - traffic! flood! stranded people! Need I say more?
I waited for hours for M and J to come pick me up where the heavy rain got me stranded but they were stuck in a traffic jam too. They even brushed with another car (I hope the damage was minimum). Bummer! Bummer! Bummer!
And so I decided to leave at past 11pm when my cellphone ran out of battery. Yes, Murphy's Law at work here. Bummer! Bummer! Bummer!
One more time... BUMMER! BUMMER! BUMMER!
Arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!
I called up S and E this morning and both of them were kind of annoyed yata. I texted J to apologize for not waiting some more. Ano ba? Ako na nga ang na-left out sa sarili kong party, ako pa yata ang villain dito. Buhay talaga... parang life!
Anyway, I'm still thankful for those guys. They went out of their ways to be with me *sana*. Especially M and J. Those two were heroic. I'm glad they're my friends.
Next time, I should remind myself to be more reliable than that. I'm capable of taking care of myself and I don't have to burden others with my damsel-in-distress drama. Kakahiya! Tsk.
Lastly, this one realization also dawned on me: it was late, the weather was bad, he knew I wasn't home yet, and still... not a single call/text. If that happened to my puppy, I would worry. Siya, deadma.
Where's the love?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment