This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

31 things I'm thankful for

1. God's love and blessings that continue to pour in our lives.

2. My hubby who hates change, but does it all for me.

3. My family in the Philippines, who stays healthy and resilient through life's challenges.

4. My family here in the US, who loves us both and supports us the way only a family can do.

5. God's generous birthday gift!!! I am so grateful.

6. My friends in the Philippines, who persevere to enjoy life no matter what the odds are.

7. My new friends here. May we create some lasting friendship together.

8. My healthy (and mostly happy) 31 years of existence. Keep it coming!

9. Our house, which is not always squeaky clean, but always a haven.

10. Fifi, my good ol' car, which hopefully will help me get that new license. I have faith that we can do it together. Aja!

11. My current job, which strives to make people happy and healthy.

12. My current boss, who I think should be the epitome of the modern Filipina, and my co-worker who puts up with my home-cooked packed lunches.

13. My twenties, which brought me so much wisdom(?) and lessons in life.

14. My past career experience, which will hopefully open more opportunities for me here.

15. Fast recovery of someone I used to know, who is in a medical crisis.

16. My uncle who pulled through another medical crisis.

17. My home country which remains so beautiful.

18. My new country which remains so welcoming.

19. The groundhog and the rabbit who play around our front lawn. They always put a smile on our faces whenever we see them around. We consider them our wild pets.

20. The monthly wine dinner that we always look forward to.

21. The friendly church that we go to every Sunday.

22. The nice weather that we've been having these days.

23. The good people that we meet everyday.

24. Bar-B-Cutie's dried rub ribs. Which I am not totally hooked on. Maybe.

25. The free movies we get from the public library. Our days are not complete without watching one of those things.

26. The fun (mis)adventures I had with friends in my twenties.

27. The bunch of new clothes that I got for a steal - off season sale.

28. Charcoal who faithfully serves as my escape-goat when hubby is looking for missing chocolates around the house.

29. My newly developed cooking skills(?)

30. The awesome travels and adventure that hubby and I have done together in the past couple of years.

31. Believing in myself and having faith in Him.

0 comments: