This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

I love my boss!

My downtime in the past few weeks came at a bad time -- we had a tight deadline for one of the clients. I was not exactly being a joy to work with, and this of course, reached my boss.

Zero output. Distracted. I don't know what else was said, but in the IT realm, output is everything. You may come and go as you please and nobody is going to mind. Your output, though, can make or break you.

But she was quick to forgive. Even quicker than me forgiving myself. She said, she fully understood and she's just happy that I pulled it together in time. She even checked in on me again, just to ask if I feel better already.

All's well that ends well. I finished my share of the task in two days, we made it to the deadline and I came out of the experience happy knowing I am working for a great person.

I know some people don't have that luxury.

0 comments: