This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

getting up

Working nights again, among other things, has got me spending all day at home this week -- trying to sleep and failing miserably.

But today is Friday, so no more of that! It's time to get up.

After watching the nth sappy movie from my pile of DVDs, I got up from the couch, changed into workout clothes and then went to check out my new condo's gym for the first time. It was deserted. But nice. And it had all the things I needed.

It's been awhile since I last stepped inside a gym. I could barely recognize half of the equipments around. I had to ask the maintenance guy to turn on some machines for me.

Without bothering to warm up, I hopped on the treadmill and gradually adjusted it to my desired pace. My MP3s sounded better while doing so. After 45 minutes, I looked around and found 5 guys eyeing my corner, perhaps anxious to use the machine. I guess I used it too long. I lost track of time!

I felt great after, though a little dizzy.

I should do this again.

0 comments: