This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

dear bestfriend by shannon h.

"To my bestfriend that I don't get to see everyday

My bestfriend who lives a full ocean away

Today I was passing two girls just like us

And it sort of just stopped me

Just made my heart crush

Because the way they were laughing

They had these tears in their eyes

No words were coming

Just joy making them cry

And they were a little bit younger

Around the age we first met

And I think maybe that's why it made me so upset

Because these girls in the future

May live an ocean away

And they won't get to see each other every single day

And the days, I will give anything 

Just rewind and go back

And the days of just laughing on a Monday just like that

And I hope you know that you never leave my mind

And I talk about you to everybody all of the time

And no matter how many friends, new people I meet

I'd swim the ocean tomorrow to just laugh on the street"


How lucky I am to have someone who hears these words and thinks of me. 

And I, to feel the same way about someone too.

0 comments: