I was looking forward to this year with so much excitement.
It was supposed to be a big year.
Milestones galore.
For one, my xxth birthday.
Two, our 10th year anniversary.
Three, my boy's school graduation.
And my babies' birthdays.
Well, the big year quickly turned into a big disappointment!
The world was hit by a global pandemic. Everything closed down.
Our cruise that I carefully planned for a year was cancelled.
At work, I was hit by setback after setback.
At home, I had to also teach the kids due to school closure.
And our renovation project is again at a standstill. For the fifth year.
There are days that I just feel so frustrated.
I know this is nothing compared to what other people are going through at this time, so I can't complain. But writing it down helps me cope. I feel like life is playing on repeat, each day is the same as the one before.
But our family is healthy. We are all together. We are bored, but relatively happy.
We're okay and at times like this, that's more than enough.
Thank you, Lord. Life is precious and You've now given me xx great years of it. Please bless me with 40+ more so I can raise my kids to be good people.
I'm sorry for even minding the mediocrity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment