I can't shake this fear and worry for our upcoming road trip.
I don't like traveling in the winter and I think I've worked myself up from disliking it to a full-blown anxiety about it.
I keep checking google maps and getting scared when I see broken car symbols in the map.
I worry about the kids. I don't want them to be at risk.
I worry about logistics. Our travel plans. Our car. Our food when we get there. Our hotels and pit stops. Our packed items. Our budget.... the list goes on and on.
Ugh!!!
Why do I worry so much???
I want to scream in my head to QUIT WORRYING.
I didn't use to be this way. I'd pack a little weekend bag and go on road trips with friends without much ado. I'd sleep on the way or actually enjoy the time spent in the car. Where is that easy-going person now?
I keep looking for her.
I tried to cancel this trip. And still considering that option. But hubby is determined to go.
I know it's going to be awesome once we get there. We'll have some sun and sea to break the winter blues. We'll spend some time with family there. We'll spend some time in the Disney area again.
But the 2000 miles to get there and back is just too overwhelming for me. Total of four days of driving.
That's too much time to be on the road with my precious littles. I don't like it.
Dear God, please help me make the right decisions. Please keep us safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
you're not alone.....i think it goes with the mommy territory...
i remember my first flight with my son last year (he was 3 years old) from the east coast to arizona.... i almost cancel the flight, twice! im glad i did not because both my son and i had a blast...
now, travelling with 2 kids, that is tough, and i can understand your anxiety... i remember travelling from the east coast to old city, quebec by car with a 2.5 years old and 1 year old and it was tough considering it was just 1,000+ miles (roundtrip)...so I commend you for making this trip happen....plus im sure you're glad you did, specially now that most of us are on lockdown ..
- sweet_sentiments (Xanga)
Post a Comment