This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

updates...

So I made it for a week. Alone. By myself. In the middle of hurricane Sandy. Piece of cake!

Well, not really. I had to sleep with lights on and radio blaring. But still, I was able to prove to myself that I still have that independent streak after all. It was hard the first couple of nights but it got easier after that, except during the power outage. Well, not really. I woke up for a bit and went right back to sleep. No big deal.

On to bigger news... we're buying a house and I'm scared to death. Signing that contract felt like signing my life away. Adulthood can be so scary sometimes! Maybe she had it right... live fast, die young, and skip all the mundane details in between. Umm... NO. I still feel lucky to have this much more time to live and love. And to pay down a house mortagage.

Speaking of houses, I was just watching HGTV's show called Million Dollar Rooms. Take note: ROOMS, not homes. It's ridiculous! People are building themselves some very luxurious rooms that they only use a few hours each day while many children are starving in other parts of the world. Sad. And half of them are not even that impressive! I wish for a beautiful and comfortable home but within reason. Most of all, I wish to never be so selfish as to lose sight of other people's predicament.

0 comments: