This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

trade off

I'm not complaining, but the problem with getting what we ask for is that we often have to give up something we have on hand.

And sometimes, that something is not entirely bad in the first place.

Like when I had to move to another country. It allowed me to be with, and get to know a man really well, who eventually became my husband. It also opened up new opportunities for me. It took me to places I had never been before. I met new friends and was able to reconnect with some old ones. And it gave me access to excellent medical care when I had my health issues.

On the other hand, I had to leave my family and friends behind. I had to leave a fun lifestyle. I miss going to the beach every summer. The beautiful islands and scenery. I miss going on road trips with friends. I miss the food I grew up with. I miss those heart-to-heart Starbucks conversations with my closest family and friends. The traffic? I was glad to leave that behind. And the pollution. And the sights of poverty around the city that always made my heart shrink. 

Change is part of growing up. And change, most often than not, is GOOD.

So there are new changes coming my way. It's good for the most part. But there are people and things that I will surely miss. And things that I will be happy to leave behind.

I guess such is a journey called life.

Onward I go.

0 comments: