Being the constant advocate of delayed gratification that I am, I picked Tuesday.
So quickly, I had to make big plans how to spend my precious day off. First off, sleep in. I woke up at 9AM, two hours later than usual. Sweet.
Then even before opening my eyes, apparently, my mind was already racing to come up with other stuff to do. A light bulb came on -- SPA!
I got up, fixed my coffee and called up Charles Penzone Spa. This place is practically next door to our apartment, and I drive past it every morning thinking I would check it out one day. And this is that day.
It was beautiful inside. It's no Lasema, but it's the nicest spa I've seen here in the US so far. I haven't been around many, really. Just the small ones around town.
I even got a haircut -- which is again, a big blah. I never require a complicated haircut, but I never had it done right. I am yet to find my perfect hair person around here. This search continues. But she did iron my hair, which is more TLC than what my hair gets on a regular basis.
So off I went to the grocery store with my ironed hair. Then came home, cooked and eat dinner, took out the trash, checked the mail, talked to my husband on the phone, and slept. In that order. I remember, it was 7ish the last time I checked the clock.
Fast forward to this point, it's 4ish in the AM and I am wide awake. I plan to go back to bed at some point, but not before I get my coffee. Or maybe hot chocolate.
I know this post is getting long, but I have a point. I promise I am getting to it now. I was reading another blog about happiness, just before I decided to post here. The blogger said something that resonated with me:
"The more you see of the world, the more you realize how tiny your own corner of it is in the grand scheme of things. That doesn’t mean that your world isn’t a big deal to you, but it’s helpful to remember that very few things really matter forever and ever.
You are small. This is small. So no matter how much you mess it up, it’s not really so bad. That perspective is a key tenant of sustainable happiness."
Well, what I did not mention above, between my coffee and calling up the spa, was an important phone call where I thought I messed something up. I had been thinking about it up until I was in the spa and having the massage. I caught and scolded myself for wasting a bunch of money for a relaxation massage when I was not helping myself do so. And then finding this little message now, from this little blog, made me feel all better.
I hope it will make you feel better too.
So there you go. Told you I have a point! ;o)
0 comments:
Post a Comment