This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

$$$


So this is what a million dollars look like.

A friend took a picture of a million dollars in one of the casinos in Las Vegas and posted it on Facebook. A bunch of money. Yes, money does not buy happiness. You can say that again. But I know the other way does not lead to happiness either.

Anyway, I know of another thing that money can buy to bring people a little closer to happiness. Freedom. And it's totally coincidental that I am posting this on July 4th.

I'm not talking about freedom from wars, bondage, and end-of-the-world-alien-invasion. I am talking about the average joe freedom. Freedom from the daily mind-numbing grind. Freedom from financial struggles that always limit our capacity to enjoy life. Freedom to see the world. To spend more time doing the things we like. And to enjoy quality time with people we love.

So that's my current goal. Have a thing or two going that would allow me to do just that -- have the freedom to go about my day fluidly. Like sleep in until 9 AM, and then workout, take my time to shower and dress (I always do this in a hurry, I'm beginning to feel frumpy), cook meals and enjoy lunch with my husband without hurrying to get on a conference call.

And then work. Four hours in the afternoon. And probably another couple of hours at night.

And of course, be able to afford vacations and actually go on vacations whenever we want.

So a million dollars -- that's great. But all it takes to make me happIER is to maintain the current figure that I am earning right now (which is waaaay less than $1M by the way), plus the lifestyle that I just described above.

Universe, shooting stars, lucky bamboo -- let's get to work, shall we?

0 comments: