This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

so much better


Ok, I feel so much better today. The party last Saturday was interesting -- we got to meet some interesting characters and learned some touching personal stories that I'm now thinking of writing a memoir. Seriously. I mean, the Eat, Pray, Love novel/movie is nothing compared to the life stories I had heard. But more than anything, those stories made me appreciate how lucky I am with my loving husband. And made him appreciate how lucky he is to be with me too :)

Anyway, fast forward to Sunday lunch... and it was very nice! We ate at the Buckley House again. Oh God, I missed their chicken and curry rice! And the coffee was awesome. I really gotta watch it, or I will never get rid of this muffin top ever.

And today, Monday, a friend called me around lunch to come hang out at the mall with her and another Filipina friend. I had a good time shopping, talking and then afterwards having dinner and drinks with them. Hubby even came and hang out with us at dinner too. He's so cool and awesome, and obviously happy that I had a fun day out. And that I didn't spend as much as he was afraid I would spend on credit card charges. LOL. I bought a new pair of boots (one cannot have enough of those), a new cute hat, another sweater in a nice blue hue, and another pair of leg warmers.

I feel so much better now. It's true that good things follow when you're happy just being you. And that shopping cures everything, of course.

And oh, I even loved winter today.

0 comments: