blah
Feeling blah these days. Winter is beautiful... but in a pristine, sad way. It is just getting started and already, I like and hate it at the same time.
This is our first Christmas, and it's supposed to be special. Our first tree is up and looking simply beautiful. We've gone to a few parties around town already, and we are going to another one tomorrow.
So por que?!
I don't know. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe because I miss Manila and how everybody is oh-so-giddy at this time of year. Maybe it's the transition from my party-busy Christmases before, to the laid back Christmas that I am having now. Maybe I miss the rush. Maybe not.
I don't know.
We went to a Christmas party last weekend. It was a traditional English Tea Party hosted by a nice British family. I liked how cultured it was, from the European trivia games, chocolate fountain, sherry in cute little wine glasses, to the "altogether-now" Christmas song, down to the cubed sugar. It was nice and I was glad we went. But still, something felt amiss.
I don't know. We'll see how I feel tomorrow at this other party where there will be Pinoys too. I like them, they are all really nice. But then again, parties are more like distractions to me these days rather than what they used to be.
Winter, please be over soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment