They say that the highest form of flattery is when someone tries to imitate you. Well, I say, that and when they compliment you behind your back. Which is what I've had the pleasure of finding out today.
I came across an old friend's blog and read this:
"Today, I had a long lunch downtown with A, my colleague who's fast becoming one of my favorites at work. He's a guy-version of J. He has that type of attitude about work that I've always been trying so hard to emulate, but can never seem to exude. He's good at what he does, and never gets stressed about anything. At all. Like, he's so cool about everything. The whole financial industy could collapse and he'd still just smile and try to figure out how to solve it all without losing his cool. Kinda like J really. "
She used to always tell me that -- how she liked me keeping my cool under pressure. How she liked me talking with our North American clients casually. Like, they're just my friends and we're not in the midst of some million-dollar worth of system problems. While others stammered and perspired at the sound of English-speaking, irate clients on conference calls.
For all these things she said to my face, I smiled. But reading it from her personal blog today, a year after we parted ways, made me realize that she really meant it all. With or without me hearing it.
Now that's my kind of friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment