This blog, first and foremost, is for my angsts. But when the Holy Week is just around the corner and you're being reminded every five minutes how lucky you are to be saved by Him, it's hard to stay bitter. Suddenly, I take notice of things that I'm blessed with. Here, come see my list:
I am thankful for. . .
. . . the delicious dinner I just had, by the bay. Seafood and Cris have this special place in my heart, and I'm glad both were present during dinner, along with some new friends.
. . . friends who are always willing to share some tea and sympathy (or beer, whenever the situation calls for drastic measures).
. . . my job, which keeps me complaining, but actually is a source of self-fulfillment (and income). I am a better person because of this opportunity.
. . . the lifestyle that I am enjoying right now. There's work, there's fun, there's love. Yes, I'm always wanting more, but I know I'm already richly blessed -- just as it is.
. . . this generous guy who doesn't always understand me, but loves me anyways. Three years of loving someone you don't understand is no easy feat. And yet he persists. (May pagka-tanga din, noh? Hehe!)
. . . a mother who still calls me her baby.
. . . a family who doesn't always get me, but accepts me anyway.
. . . the past that made me strong, the present that keeps me happy, and the future that holds so much promise.
. . . being the person that I am. I just like the no-nonsense, call-it-as-it-is girl who happens to be me.
. . . Him who loves us above all else.
Have a solemn Holy Week, everyone! Ü
abc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice entry, Jhie! Yep, even if we sometimes don't agree with our circumstances, there are still a lot of things we could be thankful for. And we don't have to look that far. God's love is more than enough reason for us to be grateful. :) I'd like to say that you are also in my "thank-you" list. Have a blessed Holy Week, Jhie! mwaah! :D
Thanks, Doths! =)
Post a Comment