This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

happy 10th year!


Today, this blog is now officially 10 years old.

Wow.

If I had a baby when I started this blog, he would have been 10 years old now and probably already taller than me.

I know, I know... this is pretty much a neglected space now. My posts trickle slower than raindrops in Sahara (does that idiom even make sense?) Anyway... hey, I'm still here writing, right?!

And if you're reading this... you're still there reading too!

Yes, I started this blog on my birthday ten years ago. And today, I turned another year older and realized something... I'm still here.

Ten years later, I'm still here learning new things about life and love (mostly about my new role as a mom), and I absolutely cherish all the love I have in my life right now. My family is my heart.

Ten years later, I'm still here but I'm no longer hung up on the latest gadgets or name brand clothing. I feel sated and content with what little I have. I no longer dress to impress. I love yoga pants and I wear them all day. And that's that.

Ten years later, I'm still here but I have more aches and pains in my body than I had before. But I do more each day. Because I need to. A toddler's gotta eat. And a hungry toddler is not a happy toddler.

Ten years later, I'm still here but I feel less exciting than my younger self. I think living in the suburbs does that to a person. No more late night parties. No more drinking with friends. No more spur of the moment trips... and sometimes, it does make me feel old. I'm okay with that. Hey, I still don't go to bed at 10 PM. Night owl forever.

Ten years later, I'm still here and I have an ample supply of kisses and hugs from my little guy. Now that is something worth sticking around. He is my greatest blessing and every moment spent with him is a gift. I know getting old is a privilege denied to many, but I do hope I am lucky enough to get many more years of this life to see him grow and thrive.

At one point, I almost decided to write a final post today and close this blog for good. Because seriously, the experts have spoken and pronounced blogging to be dead. Nobody blogs anymore. But I think I'll keep it around. I'm curious to see how things will be in the next ten years :)

0 comments: