sweet day
I am in a great mood today! I woke up to a good news, made myself a nice cup of tea, and saw hubby off to work. This rarely happens.
Before leaving for work, he usually just wakes me up to say bye then lets me go back to sleep. He knows I am not a morning person, and lets me be. That good hubby of mine. So I guess he's glad too that I was up and all perky this morning.
Anyway, I hope this good news is a sign of more good things to come. We could use all the luck we need, after having some busy and rough time the past few months. But forget about that... I'm so excited about the future now!!!
I just recovered from being sick last weekend too. It seemed like a 24-hour bug and it got me really bad. It's all a blur now but I remember hubby looking at me across the table with a sad look on his face. I asked him what's wrong, and he said he's feeling bad that he couldn't fix me. I told him I wasn't a computer (he's oh-so-good at fixing computers).
He said if he couldn't help me, he'd rather be the one sick then, and not me. The sincerity in his voice told me he meant it.
The poor guy never left my side. He cooked and fed me and cleaned up after me all day. I've been sick and alone before, too many times in my old apartment, that I know exactly how depressing it is to be ill and helpless, and not have someone there to hand you even just a glass of water.
So I'm grateful for this marriage thing. It is a nice thing. It is good to finally have someone to share everything with..... sickness and health, for richer or poorer, good news or not-so-good ones, and all of the sleepy mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment