This is my life...

My book...

My story...

I will no longer let anyone else write it;

nor will I apologize for the edits I make.

-Steve Maraboli-

makes you think...

I came to work this afternoon and found this news in my inbox --


Dear All,

It is with deep sorrow to inform you that Kuya J passed away last Saturday afternoon. He suffered several fatal stabs which took his life..... His unexpected death bereaved his spouse and 3 young kids.

..... He had likewise established camaraderie among us here..... during his stay. He had contributed in many ways to all of us. He will always be remembered as a valued member and a friend.

Your compassion and prayer will console his loss. We will accept any condolence letter or assistance you wish to extend to his bereaved family.

Sincerely,

HR



I was dumbfounded. How could this be? He was just complaining to me last week how he had to re-update his spreadsheets after we got moved AGAIN to another workstations.

If only I knew that I wouldn't see him again, I would have chatted with him longer. I would have told him that I liked how he didn't seem intimidated by people around him (he's on first-name basis with everyone). I would have told him that I appreciated it that he already knew my name the first time he greeted me. I would have thanked him for suppressing a grin for always finding my trash basket full of snack wrappers.

I realized we should be a little more kind, a little more tolerant and a little more understanding of each other. For who knows how much time we have left to spend with friends and people we love.

0 comments: