Last-minute Christmas shopping is bad, bad, bad! How many times do I have to say that to myself??? And not returning borrowed things ASAP is shame, shame, shame! P500 worth of shame! Do I really need to lose money before these simple facts of life get into my stubborn head? I need to change my attitude. Seriously.
Yeah, this entry seems unfit for Christmas but this is what I feel right now -- Christmas is my time for a cool change.
I know I'm an amazing individual. I care for people deeply, I am committed to whatever work I do, and I trust in Him to work wonders with my life. I'm great just by being me.
But everybody has to evolve.
I need to learn how to value time, mine or other's, even if I know I can get away with doing otherwise. Tardiness is no longer cute, at least for me. It is plain irresponsibility. Procrastination is no longer funny. It is plain immaturity. Excuses are no longer creativity, just plain inefficiency.
I need to learn how to value my hard-earned money. I've seen on TV how poor families get separated by poverty; how sad and lowly one can get if pressed by hunger and necessity. I'm grateful that I'm blessed with enough but I gotta do more than just be thankful -- I need to take care of what I've been blessed with. I have to put it in good use, not just in Starbucks, pizza and taxi cabs. I need to manage whatever I earn to be able to help others. And to be able to move on to greater things.
I need to simplify my life. It's unhealthy enough that I deal with so much stress and complexity at work -- solving application glitches with codes that I've never seen before under great time pressure. Whew!!! I still wonder how we can manage to do this job. Thus, I resolve to make other areas of my life a little less complicated. I will take a hard look into each area and see how I can make it simpler. This I promise myself.
Noted on 25th of December, 2005.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment